The final week for breaking news was rounded up last minute stories and making sure I had a range of stories to submit. So far I have written news stories about burglaries within the patch i was covering i.e. London Road and Sharrow Vale, also restaurant reviews. A feature has to be submitted with the news stories, I decided to write about the history of tattoos since i already had some information on this lead.
The information i had was going back to how tattoos came about to be so popular and the representation of women having tattoos. I found a local tattoo shop in my patch area, here i went to interview a tattooist who would give their opinion on tattoos. I asked him a series of questions for example, how did u get into tattooing? What do you know about the history of tattoos?
The answers i recieved was informative and gave me an insight on how to put an angle to my feature.
The stories i have written about during this course have tested my interviewing skills and my ability to write in different context. Overall i have thoroughly enjoyed this course as i have learnt alot and i also got to see my work being published to a online newspaper company, The Star.
Now that i have started to build up my portfolio this will aid me when finding a job when i graduate from univeristy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment